How to Apply Sunscreen Properly?
is safe and can protect your skin against skin cancer and premature
aging. However, it is not as effective unless it's applied correctly.
Follow these tips from dermatologists when applying sunscreen:
1. Choose sunscreen with high SPF
Choose a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 or higher, is water resistant, and provides broad-spectrum coverage, which means it protects you from UVA and UVB rays. Follow these helpful tips when applying sunscreen.
2. Apply sunscreen before going outdoors
It takes approximately 15 minutes for your skin to absorb the sunscreen and protect you. If you wait until you are in the sun to apply sunscreen, your skin is unprotected and can burn.
3. Use sunscreen generously
Most adults need at least one ounce of sunscreen, about the amount you can hold in your palm, to fully cover all exposed areas of your body. Rub the sunscreen thoroughly into your skin.
4. Apply sunscreen to all bare skin
your neck, face, ears, tops of your feet and legs. For hard‐to‐reach
areas like your back, ask someone to help you or use a spray sunscreen.
To protect your lips, apply a lip balm with a SPF of at least 15.
5. Not only in summer season
sunscreen at least every two hours to remain protected, or immediately
after swimming or excessively sweating. People who get sunburned usually
didn't use enough sunscreen, didn't reapply it after being in the sun,
or used an expired product.
Your skin is exposed to the sun's harmful UV rays every time you gooutside, even on cloudy days and in the winter. So whether you are on vacation or taking a brisk fall walk in your neighborhood, remember to use sunscreen.
- Doctors' Schedule from February 1st to February 15thFeb 2, 2021
- Doctors' Schedule from January 16th to January 31stJan 18, 2021
- Doctors' Schedule from January 1 to January 15 Jan 5, 2021
- Doctors' Schedule from 16th December to 31st DecemberDec 19, 2020
- 2020 Annual Review and Recognition: To the Road of Success, Renai Forges Ahead with DeterminationDec 4, 2020