Do I Snore? Get a Sleeping Test Maybe?
Do you even know that you may snore in your sleep? You might as well go and ask your bed partners or family members for this.
Or you can think back and ask yourself the following question — do I often feel sleepy when my hands are on keyboard or wheel? If you do, then you could have been suffering from obstructive sleep apnea.
What is obstructive sleep apnea?
Obstructive sleep apnea(OSA) refers to a recurrent symptom that breath stops constantly during sleep. It is usually caused by collapsing of the upper airway, which would result in air shortage in lungs and hence micro-arousal, sleep rhythm disorder and lower blood oxygen level.
Renai Hospital now provides you with sleep apnea syndrome checkup service, sleep quality monitoring could be easily done at home.
Sleep Apnea Syndrome Checkup Package
1. Doctor Consultation: 500CNY
2. Polysomnography: 1500CNY
3. Nasal Endoscopy: 400CNY
4. Pharyngoscopy: 400CNY
Original Price: 2800CNY
Current Price: 750CNY 73% OFF
Make an Appointment:
Tel: +8621 5489 3781
1. Offer valid from August 28, 2019 - September 28, 2019.
2. Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, credit cards, Wechat pay and Alipay.
3. We adopt home based polysomnography monitor. The monitor could be taken home (1000CNY equipment deposit fee is needed).
1. Doctor Consultation
Initial diagnosis by doctors to decide whether Polysomnography is needed or not.
2. Polysomnography (PSG)
We adopt home based polysomnography monitor. The monitor could be taken home.
3. Nasal Endoscopy + Pharyngoscopy
Check nasal cavity and pharyngeal cavity to find out the cause of sleep apnea syndrome.
On the day you perform the sleep monitoring, you should:
• Avoid drinking alcohol
• Avoid coffee, tea, soda and drinks containing caffeine
• Keep taking medications as usual
Who suffer from OSA more easily?
All ages could be victims of such a disease. People who have obesity issue, or with a narrow upper airway (usu. resulted from tonsil hypertrophy, adenoid hypertrophy, small mandibular deformity, sinusitis nasal polyp, nasal septum deviation, tongue hypertrophy and etc. ) can have OSA.
Besides, unhealthy living habits like uncontrolled diet, smoking and drinking etc. are also factors.
Without appropriate treatment, what will sleep apnea lead to?
Sleep apnea leads to higher risks of high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke and larger chances of work/car accidents and descending life quality.
Symptoms of OSA
• Excessive daytime sleepiness
• Uneven snoring
• Often awaken with tiredness
• Sexual dysfunction
• Headaches, depression and irritation after waking up
How to treat sleep apnea?
Treatments include continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), operation, etc.
Treatment can significantly improve sleep quality and reduce the possibility of complications associated with cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
At the same time, patients should try to lose some weight, and quit smoking, drinking and tranquilizers. Sleeping on your side is also suggested.
Dr. GUO Peng
He specializes in endoscopic sinus surgery, nasal septum correction, fiberoptic laryngoscopy, vocal nodules, vocal cord polypectomy, plasmablade tonsillectomy, adenoid ablation, Laser ablation of inferior turbinate, anterior ethmoid neural blockade and sleep apnea syndrome treatment.
Dr. Guo has more than 20 years of E.N.T. clinical experience. He has gained rich clinical experience when he studied at The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, 301 Hospital and E.N.T. Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University.
- Do I Snore? Get a Sleeping Test Maybe?Aug 31, 2019
- Get 50% OFF on Annual Health Check-up at Renai Hospital Now!Jun 20, 2019
- Renai 'Women's Health Care Project' Starts Now!Apr 30, 2019
- God Can't Bless You Always if You Keep Sneezing. See a Doctor!Apr 13, 2019
- Free Yourself，Get Unwanted Hair Removed!Apr 13, 2019