C-14 Urea Breath Test for H. pylori Infection
Helicobacter pylori is a gram-negative, microaerophilic bacterium found usually in the stomach. It was identified in 1982 by Australian scientists Barry Marshall and Robin Warren, who found that it was present in a person with chronic gastritis and gastric ulcers, conditions not previously believed to have a microbial cause.
It is also linked to the development of duodenal ulcers and stomach cancer. However, over 80% of individuals infected with the bacterium are asymptomatic, and it may play an important role in the natural stomach ecology.
The Damaging Effects of H Pylori Infections
Helicobacter pylori infection could cause gastritis, peptic ulcer and gastric lymphoma, etc. 67%-80% gastric ulcer cases and 95% duodenal ulcer cases are caused by H. pylori. The most serious prognosis of Helicobacter pylori infection is gastric cancer.
Helicobacter pylori can spread very quickly through the saliva and so it is easily transmitted. It is very common to see entire family’s test positive for this infection. H. pylori bacteria may be passed from person to person through direct contact with saliva, vomit or fecal matter. H. pylori may also be spread through contaminated food or water.
Symptoms of H. pylori infection including
Dull (sometimes shooting) abdominal pain
Repeated burping and bloating after eating
Loss of appetite
Significant weight loss
C-14 Urea Breath Test
1. You’ll swallow a special capsule that has a substance called urea.
2. After 25-30 minutes, you’ll breathe into a bottle/bag, this process will take about 2-3 minutes.
3. The result will be out soon after the breathing gas collecting.
Book Appointment Now
Item Name: C-14 Urea Breath Test
Price: 500CNY (including test fee and consultation fee)
How: follow our WeChat"RenaiHospital", and then reply "C14" to our WeChat to apply.
When: offer valid from July 12th, 2017 to August 31st, 2017
For preventing helicobacter pylori, consider the following points:
1. Ensure a hygienic environment that is free of germs as this helps to keep H pylori at bay.
2. Avoid drinking water or eating food that has been may be contaminated.
3. Wash your hands well with soap, both after using the rest room and before meals.
- Renai Double 11 Carnival Kicks off: Up to 70% offDec 4, 2020
- Renai 8.8 Promotion: Get Yourself a Better HealthcareAug 20, 2020
- Mid-year Promotion! Selected Health Checkup Packages for YouJun 17, 2020
- Man Up on Your Health: It’s Time for You to Get a Checkup!Mar 26, 2020
- The Ultimate Healthcare Packages for WomenMar 26, 2020